REAL Partnerships Deliver REAL Results
REAL School Gardens partners with school districts to give teachers the training and the tools they need to lead interesting and effective outdoor lessons.
Teacher Training = Student Success
REAL School Gardens partners with high-poverty schools to improve teachers effectiveness with high quality professional development. Partner schools report:
- Improved academic performance in Science, Math, Language Arts
- Increased student engagement
- Increased access to nutrition information and environmental literacy
- Improved effectiveness and job satisfaction
- They use the learning garden so frequently “it’s like having a second classroom”
DYNAMIC LEARNING GARDENS
REAL School Gardens works with corporate partners and foundations to engage their employees in a fun and satisfying day of community-service.
The Carolinas Region is building our second and third outdoor classrooms in Spring of 2018 at Tuckaseegee and Walter G. Byers elementary schools.
By partnering with the school community to design and build the outdoor classroom, and then spending years training the teachers to use the space for academics, REAL School Gardens ensures that our learning gardens are well-used and well-maintained for years to come.
REAL School Gardens has been training teachers and building outdoor classrooms for 15 years and has a track record of success:
- 12% to 15% improvement in standardized test pass rates
- 90% of teachers say they are better prepared to help students succeed
- 94% of teachers report increased student engagement
- Nutrition education embedded within Science, Math and Literacy
- Puts children on the path to long-term success.
REAL School Gardens works hard to ensure that your efforts produce lasting results. Check out our printable Carolinas brochure, and let’s discuss what we can do for you and your team.