Students at T.A. Sims Elementary (Fort Worth ISD) hear the calling
Nature has information she wants to share with you about the world and your place in it; she wants to offer you awe and wonder; she has things to share. We need to know that nature is the foundation of the arts and sciences; she offers exploratory learning through observation, inquiry, discovery and investigation. Nature will direct us to rigorous thinking, real world relevance and relationships between all her bounties and creations.
Author Clifford Knapp offers these principles of indigenous (natural) wisdom to be enveloped by nature:
1. To understand the natural laws and to know that all things are interconnected
2. To understand energy flow and cycles
3. To use natural resources consciously
4. To promote a favorable environment for all living things
5. To create diversity for beneficial, symbiotic relationships among plants and animals
6. To cooperate with others and the natural world
7. To learn from and use natural designs, pattern, and rhythms
Go outside, trust the process of discovery, nature is the teacher walking with you.